If anyone tells you a fancy rub or complex marinade is required for barbecue chicken, they’re lying. This simple barbecue chicken recipe is perfect for topping sandwiches, pizzas, or salads and requires almost no prep work. We’ve never had barbecue chicken as tender or flavorful as this. Take your pakyard barbecues to a new level this summer with this tasty, easy chicken recipe from Meaningful Eats.
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2–3 lbs chicken thighs/chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup grated onion, plus juice
- 2–3 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place the ingredients in the instant pot in this order: chicken stock (or water), chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, barbecue sauce, grated onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. To prevent from burning, do NOT stir.
- Place the lid on the instant pot making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press manual (high pressure) and set to 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Add more barbecue sauce if desired.
- Shred and enjoy on sandwiches, salads, barbecue plates and more!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq chicken, instant pot, quick dinner, leftovers, easy weekday meals, freezer meals